Upon completion of the program, students are awarded a master's degree, Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS), and may sit for the national certifying examination to achieve licensure and certification. The UTMB Physician Assistant Studies (PAS) program strives to:
- Maintain an applicant pool consisting of at least 24% first generation college students.
* The applicant pool for the cohort entering the UTMB PA program in 2018 was 20%.
- Maintain a 95% or better three-year average graduation rate for students entering the UTMB PA program.
*As of 2018 the three-year average graduation rate for UTMB PA program is 97%
- Maintain at least 50% of clinical rotation sites in low income zip codes (as defined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services).
*As of 2018 over 59% of clinical rotations were in low income zip codes.
- Maintain a five-year first time PANCE rate above the national average.
* The five-year national mean first time taker average pass rate is 98%
* The five-year mean first time taker average pass rate for the UTMB PA Program is 98%
Download: UTMB NCCPA Pass Rate 2018 (PDF)
At its July 2017 meeting, the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) placed the University of Texas Medical Branch Physician Assistant program, sponsored by the University of Texas Medical Branch, on Accreditation-Probation status until its next review in June 2019.
Probation is a temporary status of accreditation
conferred when a program does not meet the standards and when the
capability of the program to provide an acceptable educational
experience for its students is threatened.
Once placed on probation, programs that still fail to
comply with accreditation requirements in a timely manner, as specified
by the ARC-PA, may be scheduled for a focused site visit and/or risk
having their accreditation withdrawn.
Specific questions regarding the program and its plans
should be directed to the Program Director and/or the appropriate
For verification, you may contact the Commission at the following address:
Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant Phone:
12000 Findley Road, Suite 275
Johns Creek, Georgia, 30097
(770) 476-1224Website: http://www.arc-pa.org/ Email: email@example.com