Scholars in Education Online Application
Scholars in Education Program
The Scholars in Education faculty development program is a 21-month interdisciplinary faculty development program with a 22-year history of connecting, cultivating, and inspiring educators at UTMB to become scholars, leaders, and innovators in their fields.
Faculty who are accepted into the program can expect the following:
- Monthly, 3-hour active learning workshops focused on: conducting educational research, designing innovative curriculum, and applying teaching methods that work
- Microlearning and distributed practice between sessions to reinforce retention of learning
- Participation in a community of practice with academic peers at UTMB
- Dissemination of mentored educational scholarship among an academic community
- Dissemination of scholarship at UTMB Scholars in Education Symposium April 2021
Graduates of the Scholars in Education program represent an interdisciplinary group from all UTMB professional schools. Scholars in Education Program Graduates.
Application Materials for 2019-2021 will be developed and be available beginning May-June of 2019.
To request more information regarding Scholars in Education program please contact:
Era Buck, PhD
Director, Scholars in Education
Office of Educational Development