I’m very pleased to welcome you to the School of Medicine’s alumni website. I hope you’ll find the site to be an invaluable tool in helping you stay connected to — or get reacquainted with — the school and your classmates.
As UTMB alumni, we share a special bond. And it's important that we maintain that bond by continuing our involvement in the life of the university, and supporting the medical students following in our footsteps.
Membership in the Alumni Association is an easy and effective way to ensure our camaraderie remains strong. By joining, you and your fellow members support programs vital to students and alumni alike.
Some examples include:
- Funding student scholarships,
- supporting the White Coat Ceremony and Honor Council pins,
- sponsoring students to Austin for Legislative Day at the Capitol,
- purchasing Pathoma study guides for all second-year students to prepare them for their USMLE STEP 1 exam,
- and ... by leaving a legacy — by co-funding the new Surgical Simulation Center.
Communication is essential to ensure a robust relationship between alumni and their alma mater. If you're not already receiving our eNewsletters, I encourage you to log into the alumni website at https://alumni.utmb.edu to ensure your contact information is updated. The eNewsletters provide current School of Medicine activities, press releases, alumni news and other valuable information.
I hope you're just as excited as I am about the future of the School of Medicine and UTMB. Together, as alumni, we can help ensure that the future of the school is truly a bright one.
James R. Winn, M.D.
President, School of Medicine
Alumni Association Board of Trustees