Office of Enrichment ProgramsJoint Admission Medical Program
JAMP is a special program created by the Texas Legislature to support and encourage highly qualified, economically disadvantaged students who are interested in pursuing a medical education.
It was created by the Senate Bill 940 to specifically:
- Provide services to support and encourage highly qualified, economically disadvantaged students pursuing a medical education.
- Award undergraduate and medical school scholarships.
- Provide for the admission of those students who satisfy both academic and nonacademic requirements to at least one participating medical school
- A scholarship each semester to attend undergraduate school beginning in the spring semester of the student's sophomore year of college.
- Mentoring and personal assistance to prepare for medical school while attending college.
- Admission to a Texas medical school if all program requirements are met.