Educational AffairsOffice of Educational Development
Scholars in Education Online Application - CLICK HERE
Application Materials Due June 12, 2017
Scholars in Education Program
The Scholars in Education faculty development program is a 21-month interdisciplinary faculty development program with a 22-year history of connecting, cultivating, and inspiring educators at UTMB to become scholars, leaders, and innovators in their fields. We are now accepting applications for the Scholars in Education cohort beginning August 2017.
Faculty who are accepted into the program can expect the following:
- Monthly, 3-hour active learning workshops focused on: conducting educational research, designing innovative curriculum, and applying teaching methods that work
- Microlearning and distributed practice between sessions to reinforce retention of learning
- Participation in a community of practice with academic peers at UTMB
- Dissemination of mentored educational scholarship among an academic community
- Dissemination of scholarship at UTMB Scholars in Education Symposium April 2019
Graduates of the Scholars in Education program represent an interdisciplinary group from all UTMB professional schools.
Scholars in Education Program Graduates
To apply for the 2017-2019 cohort, please complete the online application. Application materials due June 12, 2017.
To request more information regarding Scholars in Education program please contact:
Anne Rudnicki, Ed.D., Director, Scholars in Education
Office of Educational Development