Educational AffairsOffice of Educational Development
The Office of Educational Development offers a variety of opportunities for faculty development to faculty and administrators in the School of Medicine and at UTMB. Please see the Faculty Development drop down menu on the left hand side of this page for individual pages with information and descriptions of our programs.
Following is an overview of some of our opportunities:
- Cool Fun Stuff – faculty development series on innovation and technology integration in education. This series is offered the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 12-12:50 pm. Every other month there is an extended session for hands-on learning. These sessions are called “Cool Fun Stuff XL” and are 90 minutes. You can find upcoming sessions listed on our calendar here: https://som.utmb.edu/Educational_Affairs/OED/Calendar.asp To register for these sessions, either email OEDhelp@utmb.edu or look for registration information on UTMB Announcements a month before the sessions are offered.
- Teaching Skills – these sessions are also offered monthly. These sessions have not been scheduled for the rest of the year, so please look for upcoming sessions in the UTMB announcements, or the email from our office.
- Scholars in Education - The Scholars in Education faculty development program is a 20-month interdisciplinary faculty development program. Applications for the program are accepted every other year. Our 2017-2019 cohort will begin in September, 2017. Applications are no longer being accepted for the upcoming cohort. Please look for application information for the next cohort in spring 2019.
- Problem-Based Learning and Small Group workshops – these sessions are offered throughout the year and will be announced through email and UTMB announcements.
- Educational Research – our office offers opportunities for scholars to present their burgeoning academic work to other faculty and administrators in order to receive feedback, guidance, and mentorship on their educational research projects. These sessions are scheduled on an as needed basis.
At any time, please do not hesitate to contact me, or our office OEDhelp@utmb.edu, to inquire about any of the opportunities we offer faculty, staff, and administrators.